Anyway, over the last few months I have made a few purchases and just want to share.
- Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose moisturizing conditioner: I bought this via Amazon UK for about £10.49 (about N2700) and had it delivered to my mum while she was in the UK. I have been searching for a purely moisturizing conditioner for some months now after I ran out of my Organix conditioner and decided I did not want to repurchase. I have used this just once so far and I am yet to form an opinion on it. I plan to post more on how I get on with this soon.
- ORS heat protectant serum: I got this from my local supermarket for N1,020, i also spotted it at Casabella Surulere whem i was there a couple of weeks ago. I used it once last week to blow dry and flat iron my (natural) hair.
- VO5 Moisture milks moisturizing conditioner: this is a repurchase, it is officially a staple for me. I love this particular strawberries scented one. I used it to pre-poo, de-tangle and co-wash. This is the 443ml bottle, I got this for N440 (a cheapie and goodie!).
- ORS no-lye relaxer kit : after doing my research on lye vs no-lye relaxers, I decided to continue with ORS no-lye. I came across the Optimum Care Amla range relaxer kit at Casabella but didn't get it because there was no way I was going to pay N3,500 for a one-application relaxer cup. Anyway, I'm happy with my decision the ORS worked and I didn't experience any scalp burning.
- wide tooth comb: sorry this is not very visible in the image above but it is there. I got this on impulse; cost N320 at Casabella. *sidenote: Casabella has an wide range of hair tools; combs, rollers, satin scarfs and bonnets at fairly okay prices.**
- Motions CPR protein reconstructor: (pictured below) The aim of my trip to Casabella was to get the Aphogee 2 min reconstructor however they only had the 4oz size for almost N2500, well trust me no way was I going to pay that for such a small size when I had seen the 8oz bottle cheaper online. I proceed to to look for another protein treatment and found this. I paid N820 for the 16oz bottle. Upon getting home I took a closer look at the ingredients and saw that the protein content was way down the ingredients list; is this bad? I used it to my mid relaxer protein treatment, before neutralizing. I don't really have a verdict on this at the moment.
So these are my recent purchases, I didn't talk about the ORS replenishing conditioner becaus eit is the same one I got months ago. I didn't realize I had already mentioned it on the blog.
If you are in Nigeria and looking for a particular hair product or want more information on where I got mine please don't hesitate to contact me.
Happy hair growing x