Friday 16 August 2013

Been a long time...

...time for a long overdue update.

My hair has kind of taken a back seat in the last few months; several things including my health, family and job search (life really) kind of took over. A lot of nights I was so exhausted I dropped of without moisturizing and sealing or even wearing my satin scarf. I have been in a protective style, a weave and sadly I neglected my hair underneath for several weeks. 

I have been weaves up for about 5 weeks now and luckily last week I started feeling better and have gotten back on track with moisturizing my hair. I hope I have not done much harm with the previous neglect. I want to keep the weave for another 2-3 weeks and I'm trying to figure out how to wash and condition with a weave on. I so love the convenience a weave affords but hate neglecting my hair. 

Lastly at this point with all the going-ons in my life I feel I cannot keep up with wearing my hair out because of the re-twisting or re-braiding required nightly because wash and go only results in shrunken hair. I am considering returning to relaxed hair. We'll see how it goes.

How's your hair care journey going?

Laters x

No comments:

Post a Comment