Monday 6 May 2013

MHC Minty Shea Butter Mix

About a week ago I made a batch of whipped Shea butter and would like to share the recipe with you.

Shea Butter
Coconut Oil
Grapeseed oil
Castor oil
Peppermint oil

Whipped Shea butter is so easy to make; I started by melting the Shea butter. To melt I put the Shea butter in bowl and placed that bowl in a bigger one with some hot water and left for a few minutes to melt.
Melting the Shea butter

Melted Shea butter

After the Shea butter was all melted I added in Castor, Grapeseed and Coconut oils. I did not measure the quantity of oils, I just eyeballed it. I also added a few drops of Peppermint oil. I left the mixture for a while and then started to whip using an electric whip until I achieve a fairly creamy texture. Afterwards, I scoped the mixture into the container and put in the refrigerator to solidify. Less than an hour later, I took it out and had a ready to use mix.
Whipped Minty Shea Butter
 

This is a good way to use up Shea butter and it also makes it easier to scoop. This mix can be used to seal in moisture and is also a good body butter :)

Happy hair growing!

1 comment:

  1. Home made remedies are good for your hair. Unless you experience some problems which require medical treatment. Your hair often indicates the state of your whole body. That is why hair problems should be first of all treated from inside out. I have strongly suffered from hairloss over years. No external solutions could help. The thought that crossed my mind is that the issue cannot be tackled externally. So I started googling up pills and dietary supplements for hair loss conditions. There are at least 30 products sold on the Internet that are designated as hair loss products. Their price range is also very diverse: from very cheap to very expensive. The product that caught my attention was called Hairgain formula (90 capsules) by Military Grade Nutritionals. In about three weeks of using it, I noticed that my hair got back its natural shine and hair strands got thicker. My skin condition improved significantly. I also became more relaxed. Highly recommended product, guys.

    ReplyDelete